Click for Sport News Podcast

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Poem of the Moment: When I say, "I am a Christian" by Carol Wimmer


When I say, "I am a Christian" by Carol Wimmer When I say, "I am a Christian" I'm not shouting, "I’ve been saved!" I'm whispering, "I get lost! That's why I chose this way". When I say, "I am a Christian" I don't speak with human pride I'm confessing that I stumble - Needing God to be my guide When I say, "I am a Christian" I'm not trying to be strong I'm professing that I'm weak And pray for strength to carry on. When I say, "I am a Christian" I'm not bragging of success I'm admitting that I've failed And cannot ever pay the debt. When I say, "I am a Christian" I don't think I know it all I submit to my confusion Asking humbly to be taught. When I say, "I am a Christian" I'm not claiming to be perfect My flaws are all too visible But God believes I'm worth it. When I say, "I am a Christian" I still feel the sting of pain I have my share of heartache, Which is why I seek His name. When I say, "I am a Christian" I do not wish to judge I have no authority... I only know I'm loved ................ What about you? Are you searching for inner peace and unconditional love? Are you having a difficult time finding true peace? If you would like to have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, you can say this prayer: Dear Father, I need you. I acknowledge that I have sinned against you by directing my own life. I thank you that You have forgiven my sins through Christ's death on the cross for me. I now invite Christ to again take His place on the throne of my life. Fill me with the Holy Spirit as You commanded me to be filled, and as You promised in Your Word that You would do if I asked in faith. I pray this in the name of Jesus. As an expression of my faith, I thank You for directing my life and for filling me with the Holy Spirit. Amen. Saying this prayer is the first step towards a personal relationship with Jesus, who will guide and encourage you every step of the way. We would love to pray for you and send you further information by e-mail. Please fill out the form here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here for Sport news Podcast