Click for Sport News Podcast

Thursday, September 3, 2015

POEM: I saw you in my dreams... by Olanrewaju Ogunnubi


I saw you in my dreams Digging graves of forlorn tales Hunting bygone shadows Of long forgotten fables Aye! ‘Twas you I did saw; when Dead to the world and- Darkness besieged the land To shade ancient past; long lorn I saw you in my dream Clad in raiment of gloom Shovels, picks, mattocks All harmed beneath your hands All that were enclosed and buried In tomb of time and season I saw you digging and digging Unmasking ancient past; long lorn I saw her pleading for justice That damsel raped unto disgrace Could hear him; heard his voice That man robbed and stabbed in owns face My deceit, falsehood and iniquities I saw All armed with weapons of war Drawing nigh; accosting my door Alas! These I cannot savour I saw you in my dreams Resurrecting dead forgotten scenes In tomb of time and season Disturbing ancient past long lorn Forgive! Oh forgive my wicked past That I might in peace rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here for Sport news Podcast