Click for Sport News Podcast

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

POEM OF THE MOMENT:I’m me! BY Olanrewaju Ogunnubi (+2347063617580 )


I’m me! I was – In past hollow, void of self – of poise trailing the grubby path of others; strived – Fiercely striving to dance the chant of opaque tune Discordant Harmony not for me but them Whose chant it was; and always be – still I bent Inclined to cacophonic melody of them; not mine In days of yore – a ghost, many not see yet know exist Not seen – not known by many; but in tales of woes and Those of whimsical laurels – delusive success doable but In fairyland – I was; aye I was! In belated days – was amidst the herd in adulation of Shepherds; shadowing paths they strolled Gone soon! Days I wore pretence in charade of them – those Ostensive patrician seeming to be Once clad myriad characters like a thespian Without an act, acting the lines of them – others! Was that carnivorous lamb dwelling the abode of lions Grappling with self, with nature – grappling to be To sprout hefty size, abyssal voice, to be – come But nay never could be Afore gods – our gods; did made gravely orisons Cravings untold that in cave beneath Sink my craven, the same that precluded from Befitting natural self: I was – sought to be – them Was once a simile; in fierce battle to be Be – come metaphor, to correct nature The gaffe it did made – but nay nature made no error ‘Twas I the error that failed to realize whom I’m Was once a masquerade, existing the existence of others But now I am – I’m me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here for Sport news Podcast